Wednesday 18 February 2015

30 Day Shred


I've done Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred DVD before, numerous times. It's just been a while and I've just never gone the whole hog and done it every day for 30 days, which is apparently how you achieve the impressive results Jillian talks of... 14 stones in a day! I jest, whilst she's no Peter Kay she does say that losing 20 pounds in 30 days is realistic. 

It is Teddy's Christening in 33 days and the dress I plan to wear is a little on the tight side. Now I am all for a Kim Kardashian figure hugging dress but 1. I don't want to scare the priest, and 2. I need to be able to zip it up.  I have therefore been thinking about giving up bread for lent, or doing the Shred DVD every day for the next 30 days, and the latter won. I heart bread. 

I am guessing some of you have tried Shred in the past, so I would love to know if you now look like this, and how often you complete the workout. For those who don't know it is one of the top selling fitness DVDs on Amazon and consists of three 20 minute workouts of varying levels of difficulty. From what I remember there is also a fair amount of hollering and whooping about trying on skinny jeans in the Mall (it's allowed, she's American).  Surprisingly though I did find this encouraging rather than "I want to punch you in the face" annoying. 

20 minutes a day is do-able right? Hmmmmm.

I will keep track of the results and let you know how I get on. Wish me luck or even better, join me and stop me giving up after day 2! 

No comments:

Post a Comment